Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Merrimack Valley Food Bank. Please complete our Volunteer Application/Waiver and submit it to Debbie Callery at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers 14 and under require adult supervision.
Volunteers are needed for our upcoming Spring Pantry Raid scheduled for March 22-March 29. Perfect for all ages, families, groups and individuals.
Volunteer opportunities within our warehouse can be scheduled Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 & 2:00. Groups are scheduled in 2 hour increments and dates fill up quickly.
Opportunities May Include:
- Sorting & Stocking canned and dry non-perishable items for distribution to our agencies (must be able to walk up stairs, stand for 20-30 minutes at a time and lift 2-5 lbs.)
- General Cleaning/Organizing of warehouse and parking lot.
- Various painting and cleaning projects
- Occasional administrative projects (mailing, data entry, answering phones)
- Assembling bags for Operation Nourish – A Children’s Feeding Program (Must be able to walk down stairs and lift 2-5 lbs.)
- Mobile Pantry Delivery – Distribute bags of groceries to our clients (home bound elderly & disabled), Requires a valid drivers license, vehicle and a CORI
- Community Market – Assist MVFB staff with the set-up & clean-up of the Market, distribute fresh produce and other food items to clients. (Seasonal July-October)