Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Merrimack Valley Food Bank. Please complete our Volunteer Application/Waiver and submit it to Debbie Callery at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers age 14 and under require adult supervision. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign their application/waiver. Volunteer Application 07.15
We do not offer evening or weekend volunteer opportunities
Visit our Member Agencies page for information on more volunteer opportunities. We currently serve over 135 feeding programs!
Opportunities to volunteer are limited and our schedule fills up quickly throughout the year. Volunteers are scheduled in 2 hour increments Tuesday-Thursday between the hours of 9:00 & 2:00.
Individuals: Age 15 and up are welcome at the food bank during designated hours. We require at least one week notice to secure a place on our weekly volunteer schedule. Volunteer opportunities are limited and scheduled on a first come basis. We do reserve school breaks and holiday’s (if we are open) as well as the summer for students. Volunteers under the age of 15 require a parent or guardian to accompany them.
Corporate Groups: We can safely welcome up to 10 MAXIMUM volunteers for a service project. Groups are scheduled in 2 hour increments and dates fill up quickly. We require a donation of funds and/or food from groups to participate in a service project at the Merrimack Valley Food Bank warehouse. This helps us continue to provide food to our neighbors and to provide meaningful volunteer tasks.
- Sorting & Stocking canned and dry non-perishable items for distribution to our agencies (must be able to walk up stairs, stand for 20-30 minutes at a time and lift 2-5 lbs.
- General Cleaning/Organizing of warehouse and parking lot.
- Assisting agencies & MVFB staff on shopping days; loading and unloading vehicles. (Must be able to walk up & down stairs, stand for long periods of time and lift up to 25lbs)
- Operation Nourish – Assemble bags of food for our children’s feeding program (Must be able to walk down stairs and lift 2-5 lbs.) (September-June)
- Mobile Pantry– Distribute bags of groceries to our clients (home bound elderly & disabled), Requires a valid drivers license, vehicle and a CORI
- Community Market – Assist MVFB staff with the set-up & clean-up of the Market, distribute fresh produce and other food items to clients. Coordinate an activity for the children in attendance, demonstrate the preparation of a healthy recipe to market guests. (Seasonal July-October)
- Pantry Raid – We conduct two city-wide (and beyond) food drives a year. This event historically collects 40,000 pounds of non-perishable food a year. This is the perfect opportunity for families with small children, large groups, for the young and young at heart! Next drive is September 2016