Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Merrimack Valley Food Bank. Please complete our Volunteer Application/Waiver and submit it to Debbie Callery at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers 14 and under require adult supervision.
OFF-SITE OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP
May 4, 2014 Boston, MA Project Bread Walk for Hunger – Click here to donate or register to walk http://support.projectbread.org
August 23,24, 2014 Westford, MA Blues N Brews Festival Fundraiser – Click here for the volunteer application www.bluesandbrewsrotary.org/volunteerapplication.htm
September 20-27, 2014 Fall Pantry Raid – Neighborhood Food Drive. Perfect for all ages, families, groups and individuals
Volunteer opportunities within our warehouse can be scheduled Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 & 2:00 if projects/tasks are available.
Individuals: Age 15 and up are welcome at the food during designated hours. We require at least one week notice to secure a place on our weekly volunteer schedule.
Groups: We can safely welcome up to 10 MAXIMUM volunteers for one day/project. Groups are scheduled in 2 hour increments and dates fill up quickly. We require a donation of funds and/or food from our volunteer groups to participate in a service project at the Merrimack Valley Food Bank warehouse. This helps us continue to provide food to our neighbors and to provide meaningful volunteer tasks.
Opportunities May Include:
- Sorting & Stocking canned and dry non-perishable items for distribution to our agencies (must be able to walk up stairs, stand for 20-30 minutes at a time and lift 2-5 lbs.)
- General Cleaning/Organizing of warehouse and parking lot.
- Various painting and cleaning projects
- Occasional administrative projects (mailing, data entry, answering phones)
- Assembling bags for Operation Nourish – A Children’s Feeding Program (Must be able to walk down stairs and lift 2-5 lbs.)
- Mobile Pantry Delivery – Distribute bags of groceries to our clients (home bound elderly & disabled), Requires a valid drivers license, vehicle and a CORI
- Community Market – Assist MVFB staff with the set-up & clean-up of the Market, distribute fresh produce and other food items to clients. (Seasonal July-October)